Saturday, April 12, 2008

Taiwan - Day 1

I'm finally getting my ass down to write about my Taiwan trip that happened 1 month ago.
It'll still take me some time to update as it is an 11-day trip!
Let's get it started.

6 audacious youths met up at Changi Airport, anticipating the waited-for-so-long trip!
The 6 of them are - Xiang Ni, Joan, Kenneth, Samuel, Laura and Shiying.
My air ticket

My cute luggage. The lightest of them all. I do not know what the hell they can put in their luggage that can weigh up to 15 kg. Insane. Esp Tay Xiang Ni and Joan Tay. HAHAHA

My love letter from my 2 secret admirers. Thank you so much!

Singapore Changi Airport
An amazing view above the sky

Shiying & Joan

Kenneth & Xiang Ni

Laura and Samuel


Touchdown at Taipei CKS airport



On our way to Taichung. It's so amazing we could make it to Taiwan and could make our way around it.

The 6 of us squeeeeezed into the normal 4-pax taxi with our huge luggages and headed to our hotel.


We finally arrived at our first hotel at around 9pm after hours of travelling. The Grand Hotel (we gotta say the hotel name and road names in Chinese to the taxi driver). Had a bit of problems initially. gosh. Try saying “大哥,我们要去上豪大饭店,在文心路三段362號”




LCD tv ehhhh.

Visited the 1st night market - 逢甲夜市 "Feng Jia" night market. The night markets in Taiwan are opened till 1am. They are always crowded, but more crowded on the weekends (just like Chinatown during Chinese New Year). They are just like Bugis Street with a wider road, and so many times bigger with so many more shops and food. Almost all the apparels are a lot cheaper in Feng Jia than those in Singapore.

We bought a lot of food from the stalls in the market.

The smelly tofu which I had always wanted to try. This is only the first one which we tried. We tried a total of 3! They do not stink as much as I expected and they really taste good that I was addicted to it. It tastes like tau kua with vege.

He looks bored.





Samuel was trying to annoy Joan by acting as the sales assistant of them shop.

I walked past it twice and I didn't notice it until Kenneth told me :O

It's only the 1st day.

Communication problems as our Chinese seriously sucks. HAHA
I'd be back with more updates!