Monday, August 25, 2008

1st day @ CPF

It's quite a process before I was officially working. A lot of passwords to remember. A lot of rules to comply with.

This is my first REAL Full Time job in a big office where there are many cubicles and colleagues. My first job in Tanjong Pagar, where people CHIONG to work, CHIONG to eat, chop seats in hawker centres with almost anything they have, and then CHIONG home. My first time lunching with so many colleagues. I am already used to being alone. Out of a sudden there're peoples lunch together like a bit weird.

On my 1st day of work, my buddy in the division introduced me to everyone in the department, and so I was like walking around, introducing myself to each and every one of them. Luckily I'm not those introvert. Then, I spent half the day reading the Staff Handbook which states EVERYTHING from dress code to sports and recreational claims. Now I get free entry for 4 to Zoo and Sentosa! HAHA. But needa loan card for the free entry 2 weeks in advance. So please plan ahead! :) There's even gonna be an IT E-Learning test and some courses which I have to attend some time down the road.

So far so good, the peoples seem nice. (i purposely put the letter "s" behind people).



I'm still in a world of my own. Even the journey to and fro work feels like I'm floating away...