Friday, May 23, 2008

Graduation Ceremony 2008 - TP Diploma in Law and Management

School ends, but our friendship remains and the memories will forever be in the heart.
I guess it's fate that brought me to meet these people. Why fate? Some chose the course as their 1st choice, while some are not. It was fate that brought us all to meet one another to leave footprints in one another's stories. Whether good or bad, they've left a memory.

I still remembered the time when I had to choose a path as to where to go. I insisted on not going to JC as I am afraid of the stress and that I won't do well in my A Levels and wanted to take a course in one of the polytechnics. It was such a tough decision as to which course to choose as there were not many courses which interests me. Then, I even considered taking a Hospitality and Tourism Management course (HTM), Mass Comm or even a Design course. However, my appeal for the HTM course failed and I didn't really have any idea of which course to study, so I had no choice but to take up Law and Management.

The name of the course may sound very nice, but it was all hardwork and not easy to score at all. I am glad that my friends and I have completed the course successfully within the 3 years. Speaking of 3 years, it really passes very fast; it seemed as though it was only freshmen orientation yesterday and it's graduation today. What happened to the events that happened in between?

They are in my heart.

I recall the 1st day of the Week Zero Freshmen Orientation, the 1st person who spoke to me at Temasek Convention Centre (TCC) was Eugene Soh. He was very enthusiastic and introduced himself to me and shoke my hand. That was very polite of him but it sort of made me keep a little distance from him. Thereafter I cannot really remember who spoke to me, but I think it's Nisa, Vickie and Serena.

Then we thought Dominic was crazy (he acted a little brainsick) and Nisa was noisy. KJ was known as the headphone guy cos he had a headphone on his neck and he was acting guai lan. I still remember that he said he got into this course to break the law or something to that effect. In the end we became good friends. LOL. Then I met Amanda the Panda and we became buddies at the orientation. Then I met Sharyl and Deborah. Sharyl and I were high at the Regatta on the 2nd day. Radah and I partnered each other during the mass dance.

And then there were clear lines in the class, meaning that there were many different cliques, beliefs and cultures.
I still remember Eugene Soh wasn't gay but he likes F4.
Willard aka Brandon aka (his new name Vince or sth) was talking about his trip to the National Archives, thereafter nothing went into my ears.
Nisa wasn't married but has a daughter.
Gerard likes Hong Kong drama.
Sheena was from ___ JC.
KJ ____ "The OIL WILL SPILL".
Shih Ying was going into wine tasting (ps. that's how her nick name "Wine" came about)
Vickie was a bowler in her sec school.
I work in M1.

These are just some of the highlights during Mr Ferlin's class when we introduced ourselves to the class.

I still remember after this introduction, we had to introduce ourselves again during Mrs Kurup's class. We had to say something which the others do not know about ourselves. I did not know what to say and I said:
"I LOVE BANDUNG."

You can guess the class's reaction. LOL.

There was a first KBox session which let us have the opportunity to listen to Willard's beautiful ultra-low voice and some smell which the people who were present are aware of.
Then there was class chalet and birthday chalet for Sheena, Serena and I.

And then there were projects and I got to know more people. Many bonding and conflicting issues and made us see the true souls of the people around us.

I used to ciao from lectures with beng (That's why I failed my Principles of Management and got a D in my Economics :/). Then a change of class, I began to study harder.

I had badminton and exercise days with Sheena, Winsor and Wine, occasionally with KJ, Vickie and Hany. Several studying cum rotting sessions in ILAW Chambers after school and sometimes till 9pm. Then it was SIP and then back to school to chiong projects and exams.

Those were the days.

Then I met someone so special in my life now (yh). I think we have got no fate in school - the only thing we did together in school was Captain's Ball in Year 3. Not even classmates or anything, just coursemates. You were known to be so hot tempered and I didn't even think that I would talk to you. I do not even know what brought us together and what made us speak to each other and got on so well. It made me realise that actually you are a person with so much lame jokes and such a cheerful guy and never fail to make me smile. Now you regret not attending the graduation ceremony. HAHAHAHAHA I wanna laugh at you.

Now that we've graduated.
There's no more ILAW chambers for us.
No more school.
No more fear of running late for lectures and tutorials.
No more fear of lecturers.
No more lunching.
No more sports in school.
No more stress.
No more fear of losing marks for late submission of projects.
No more fear of exams.
No more fear of presentations.
No more fear of Mr Ferlin who made such an impact in our lives.
No more fear of failing exams.
No more fear of not scoring.
No more fear of not graduating.
No more.

Nothing.








All that's left are the memories. It was fate that brought us together.
Whether it' good or bad, thanks for everything.
Posted by Picasa