Monday, July 07, 2008

Bintan

I'm back from Bintan!
My first time in Bintan and I did a lotta things that I've never done before and I find them new, interesting and exciting to me. Yh and my first time to overseas to Bintan and together. We had alotta first times there. don't get the wrong idea.

How to go Bintan from Singapore?
Transportation to the island is simple; we got there by Ferry from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal (TMFT) (shit, i actually typed TMNT - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle).
it was a 1 hour trip.
Actually the trip took 0 minutes cos we left Singapore at 2pm and reached Bintan at 2pm (Indo time).
Trip = 0 minutes
HAHAHAHA. ok my weird logic. thanks for reading my crap.

Anyway, they have really weird names for their vessels: ARIA, ,INDERA, BUPALA (no idea what it means). but pronouncing BOO-PAH-LAH just makes me feel like laughing.


Our first time on a ferry.

Lousy mojojojo gets sea-sick so easily.


Accomodation - Mayang Sari Beach Resort
We were a little dissapointed that it rained the moment we reached Bintan. Was really really sad on the bus to our resort. But it gave us the opportunity to ride on the resort's buggy. heh. been aiming on that buggy for 3 years in TP. Luckily the rain stopped after a while.

We stayed at a rustic resort (chalet) right beside the beautiful beach and it's sea-facing. woooot! i love it. i've been dreaming of it and it finally came true :D
The resort offers a very peaceful and quiet place for relaxation and and fun.

Mayang Sari is owned by Nirwana Gardens, who owns many other hotels in Bintan. Well but I think this one is very nice and feels undisturbed.


A panoramic view of the resort and beach taken with my digicam and photoshop-ed to put them altogether. The beach and sea is pretty, clean, clear and calm, unlike the Singapore waters, full of waves and so dirty.


Food
Buffet breakfast provided by hotel is really sumptuous. They have a variety of food from Bread to Teochew porridge to on-the-spot-cooked-by-the-chef eggs to cereals to salads to pastries and fruits. Good enough for us. Filling enough to last us to dinner. So we saved a meal! HAHA

Food sold in the hotel is definitely more expensive than those outside. So we travelled by the shuttle bus ($6/pax for unlimited ride a day) to a place called Pasar Oleh Oleh (it means a place for gifts) to have our dinner. Although I do not eat spicy food, but I simply couldn't resist the Tom Yam soup there. So sour and spicy that our nose taps spoilt and leaked some fluid :/

Btw the cigs there are bloody cheap at $3+ only. Heineken sold at 3 cans for $5.
wth?




Activities
Go-kart, i nearly flipped. im lousy. whatever~ :P


The sun was brighter on the 2nd day (luckily it rained on the 1st day) and we could play our water sports. We got to play Jet Ski, went snorkelling and kayaked. But lousy yh got seasick a while after kayaking. kns. wasted $18. ok maybe $9.

Jet Ski was exciting. It was our first time jet skiing. I was the pillion rider first. i was a bit scared at first cause I was kinda afraid of speed and the wind hit right into our faces and we drank a bit of seawater. We went fast and passed the waves and flew over the sea. We were like crazy bitches screaming allover the sea. HAHAHA. we were too excited.

Ok then my turn to drive the Jet Ski and yh was the pillion rider. I feel damn excited and went full blast all the way and flew a lotta times over the sea. WOOOOOOOOT! I think yh was scared that he'll fall into the sea. And I nearly dropped him into the sea :/
This time I drank more water as the driver sitting infront. I find the wind really cool blowing allover my face.

Then it's his turn again to drive. This time he was insane. He seeked revenge and tried to drop me into the sea 3x! Crazy asshole :P

Godammit no pics for jetski I sosososo regret not bringing out my digicam.

Then we sat a boat out to sea to snorkel. It was our first time snorkelling. we nearly couldn't survive without the life vest. HAHA. dammit. It was better when we wore our life vests into the sea.

Btw he dashed back on the beach to the resort to get my digicam for snorkelling. Handsome! :D

We returned and I dragged him to kayak together. I think sitting on a kayak and waiting for the waves to pass by is the most fun thing. You just sway up and down, to and fro. But poor yh wanted to vomit soon after :/



Before we returned to Singapore, we went Rifle Shooting and Archery. Both of which I haven't played before. But I think I'm rather good at rifle shooting :D
My archery just sucks. I have no strength to aim properly and I don't know how to aim. Sucks. But yh hit the bull's eye. wooot!



3 days 2 nights is seriously not enough to finish the things I want to do there. I still want to play a lotta sea sports like wakeboarding, catamaran sailing, windsurfing, dinghy sailing, boogie-boarding, banana boating, kite boarding and jet ski again.
And I wanna play Action ATV (All Terrain Vehicle).

End of our happy trip :)

Some random shots and beautiful shots:
















♥♥♥♥