Sunday, June 15, 2008

Taiwan - Day 8

It is yet another day in Taiwan and the time is flying really fast. It's the 8th day!!!!

Breakfast at Ximending
I skipped the breakfast this time, needed to get more sleep - The problem with spending too many days in another country, you just want to sleep more and it feels as though you live there already.
So the only thing I wanted for breakfast - Mister Donut.
I ate the Cinnamon Roll and it really looks like Cinnamoroll's tail.

Why is Cinnamoroll called Cinnamoroll?
Because "his tail was plump and curled up just like a cinnamon roll, she decided to call him Cinnamoroll".
Read the full story here.
Cinnamoroll even has got a movie now. OMG I MUST WATCH IT SOMEHOW! HAHHA


I don't know how the hell DBSK can get related to Cinnamoroll. :/
ok i'm going out of topic.
Breakfast = Donut + Ah Zong Mian Xian (oyster mee sua)
YUMMY!


Long Shan Si
Then the 7 of us travelled to Long Shan Si by MRT.
Only XN, Joan and I prayed in the temple, the rest just waited for us.
I've heard that the temple is very famous and stuff, so we went to visit and got some amulets for some close friends and family :)

Wu Fen Pu
Next, we took a train to Yong Chun station where there's Wu Fen Pu - A place where they sell wholesale clothes.

Before we shopped, we went to eat this palatable 鲁肉饭. It is one of Taiwan's delicacy :D

As I've mentioned, Wu Fen Pu is a place where they sell wholesale clothes, i.e. the more you purchase, the cheaper they sell you. By right it should be cheaper than other places (or that's what I thought), but it seems that they are still rather costly, but it might be due to the fact that I don't buy in bulk. Most of the sellers do not let you try on the clothes, and they don't really entertain bargaining as compared to other places. In other places you can bargain until like shit.

The guys were bored and returned or went elsewhere. Leaving the 4 girls there to shop. The shops there are similar to Bugis Village, but so many times larger than it. We've been shopping for so many days at so many places already, and we're getting a little tired, sick of seeing all the similar items and walking around. So we wanted to return to the hotel already.

Then came a downpour.
Nobody except XN has an umbrella :/


After we returned to the hotel, I packed my stuff in the BIG PLASTIC BAG I bought in Taiwan as seen above (Cinnamoroll!!).

huge + gigantic = HUGANTIC